Support What Matters
Learn more about donor advised funds. View and download the FREE guide One-Stop Giving: The Convenience and Simplicity of Donor Advised Funds.View My Guide
Donor Advised Funds
Support the Important Causes in Your Life
A donor advised fund, which is like a charitable savings account, gives you the flexibility to recommend how much and how often money is granted to the ABWE Foundation and other charities.
You transfer cash or other assets to a tax-exempt sponsoring organization such as a public foundation. You can then recommend-but not direct-how much and how often money is granted. In addition, you avoid the cost and complexities of managing a private foundation.
In return, you receive an immediate federal income tax charitable deduction at the time you contribute to the account. This also allows for a centralized giving and record-keeping system in one location.
Download our FREE Personal Estate Planning Kit
Not Sure How to Begin Planning?
An Example of How It Works
Joe and Laura want to support various ministries that God has placed on their heart. They establish a $25,000 donor advised fund with a community foundation. The couple receives a federal income-tax charitable deduction for the amount of the gift. They also get all the time they need to decide which ministries will receive support. Joe and Laura decide to provide grants to the building fund at their local church and also a grant to ABWE. The foundation presents the charities with checks from the Megan Fund, which Joe and Laura named in honor of their daughter. Joe and Laura are delighted to start this personal legacy of giving. They can add to their Donor Advised Fund at any time to allow for future grants.
- Evaluate a sponsoring organization to make sure it supports your intentions, values and type of asset you are considering as a funding source, or ask for information about the Donor Advised Fund offered by the ABWE Foundation.
- Get to know the organization's policies and procedures-from minimum contributions to administrative fees. Each organization handles these details differently.
- Contact Lee G. Jantzen CFP® CAP® FCEP at 800.921.2293 or 717.909.2332 or email@example.com to discuss using donor advised funds to support ABWE and our mission.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
- If you name ABWE in your plans, please use our legal name and federal Tax ID and let us know so we can express our thanks for your thoughtful planning.
Legal Name: ABWE Foundation, Inc.
Address: Harrisburg, PA
Federal Tax ID Number: 23-2913381