The Power of a Simple Gift of Cash

See Your Generosity in Action

One of the easiest and most common ways for you to support the ABWE Foundation is with a gift of cash. Cash can be used to support our work in the form of:

An outright gift. By making a cash gift by check, credit card or money order today, you enable us to meet our most urgent needs and carry out our mission on a daily basis. You will have the opportunity to see your generosity in action and will also receive a federal income tax charitable deduction, when you itemize.

A payable on death (POD) account. A POD bank account or certificate of deposit names one or more persons or charities as the beneficiary of all funds once you, the account owner, pass away. The beneficiary you name has no rights to the funds until after your lifetime. Until that time, you remain in control and are free to use the money in the bank account, change the beneficiary or close the account.

There are several other ways to make cash donations as part of the gift types below. To learn more, click on the links below.

Ways to Use Cash

  • A gift in your will or living trust. A gift or legacy left by will, typically personal property or assets.
  • A charitable gift annuity. Typically an agreement in which you make a gift of cash or other assets to a charitable organization and receive payments for life.
  • A charitable remainder trust. A trust that provides you payments for life or a term of years, with the remainder going to the charities of your choice.
  • A charitable lead trust. A trust that provides payments to a charitable organization for a term of years, then pays the balance to selected loved ones.
  • A donor advised fund. A charitable fund or account maintained and operated by a nonprofit organization for the purpose of making distributions to nonprofit organizations, such as ours.
  • Memorial and tribute gifts.
  • An endowed gift. A gift that is intended to last forever. Only a small portion of the gift is spent each year, allowing the remainder to grow.

Calculate Your Benefits

Submit a few details and see how an outright gift can meet some of our most pressing needs.

See My Benefits

Not Sure How to Begin Planning?

Download our FREE Personal Estate Planning Kit

Next Steps

  1. Contact Lee G. Jantzen CFP® CAP® FCEP at 800.921.2293 or 717.909.2332 or for additional information on giving a gift of cash.
  2. Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
  3. If you name ABWE in your plans, please use our legal name and federal Tax ID and let us know so we can express our thanks for your thoughtful planning.

Legal Name: ABWE Foundation LLC
Address: Harrisburg, PA
Federal Tax ID Number: 23-2913381